Stripes and Loud Colors

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Red has never been my "favorite color," even as a kid. Red makes me feel too out there and too noticed. I'm not a Lolita, I'm not Miss Scarlet, I'm not Elmo, I'm not Lightning McQueen. Red is a LOUD, scary color to wear. Until I thrifted this skirt, I didn't have red in my wardrobe. But, the point of blogging and putting myself out there is to stretch my comfort zone. To get noticed for looking my personal best- and sometimes that means trying out a new color via thrifted skirt. What I caaaaan get behind is this striped tee. It's lightweight, the spacing of the striped is classic. Life is about compromise, why shouldn't I embrace the concept in finding my personal style, too? Red skirt, safe stripes.

Skirt: Thrifted...Tee: Banana Outlet...Cardigan...Thrifted...Belt: Target...Shoes: BCBG Generation via Ross...Necklaces: J Crew...Brooch: Thrifted





Tonight is another recital night- my Guy and his poet buddy are co-hosting a program of collaborations. It should be exciting! I'll have photos for you all tomorrow.

'Til then...

1 comment:

  1. This red skirt looks great on you. You should probably wear it every day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...