Coffee and Beer

Friday, February 24, 2012

Another outfit borne of laziness and the urge to wear a tee out in public. I'm kind of loving this for "casual Fridays".

I had my lady date last night and we went to a little bar/coffee house in this wonderful little pocket of buildings in a neighborhood that can't really be classified as a specific neighborhood. We found the area a few months ago when I was gifted tickets to a Coffee Porter release party for a local brewery and took Katie with me. The shops are equidistant between Midtown, the Museum District and Downtown. A few hip little boutiques and shops, a swanky club, burger joint and the city's best place to get chicken and waffles fill out the rest of the surrounding blocks. (And my favorite Pho place is a short 1/2 mile further north). I love it because it's a little area in transition, there's enough new condos around that it's a walkable hangout, there's a ton of fabulous little fourplexes scattered around. If someone would invest in fixing up some of the other older shops and homes nearby, it would be a really cool walkable historic neighborhood in just a few short years. How much you wanna bet someone will buy them up and tear them down? Makes me sad.

Be back soon- have a happy weekend!

Skirt: Gap, thrifted...Shirt: Tommy Bahama, thrifted...Belt: thrifted...Shoes: Nine West Outlet...Necklaces: thrifted and Banana Republic




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...