YouTube Time-Suck

Monday, March 12, 2012

A storm system blew in and it got cold again. Big boo-hoo and an extra thick sweater for me. I planned ahead to wear this blouse with a much different outfit and was pumped about it, so when the temps dropped, I added an underlayer and wore this silk beauty anyway.

Pants: Zara...Blouse: Banana Republic, thrifted...Sweater: Banana Republic...Shoes: BCBGeneration via Ross...Scarf: Target




Last Friday, Bekah from Matters of Merrymaking (endlessly adorable, check her out nowposted a video of the Civil Wars' "Poison and Wine," which was a wonderful reminder of how very much I like that song, but also kickstarted some trouble. All of a sudden Friday night came and went, Saturday 2 am rolled around and I was still YouTube-ing favorites and discovering new songs. And then I realized I'd forgotton about the live version of Imogen Heap's "Just for Now." Shame on me. 

The thing about the song is this: With my Guy in school specifically with a focus in electronic music composition, I rewatched this goodie with fresh eyes and a deeper understanding of the process, the technology, the equipment, the limitations, the precision, the computer programming and interface required to pull this off... watch it once, enjoy it and be blown away. Then watch it a second time and watch her hands flying over the recording equipment then jump right back into clapping like it was nothing. And pay attention to HOW QUICKLY the sound becomes so dense and full. I adore this video.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...