The Big Top

Friday, August 31, 2012

Jeans: Gap...Sweater: F21...Shoes: J Jill via Buffalo Exchange...Pearls: Beijing vendor...Bag: D&B via Buffalo Exchange...Shades: Coach via TJ Maxx




Guess what I got to do last night? Free, awesome-seat tickets to Cirque du Soleil's Kooza. A friend's husband is a ticketing manager for the venue and the 'spensive seats weren't filling up completely, so a handful of 10 tickets were generously passed out to whoever wanted them... And, shocker, I wanted a pair. It was so sweet of her to think of me and offer in the first place!

I got to steal Katie away to join me and we sat in the audience with our mouths agape and clapped like goons the whole darn show. The costuming was amazing, the acting was fun and funny, the Ringmaster was adorable. And, ohmygosh, the acrobatics and feats of strength and flexibility. I adore watching circuses and acrobatics shows- I get the amount of physical strength, balance and concentration it takes to hold a pose on your hands with your legs straight out... on a platform... topped with over 15 chairs (this was my favorite, I think it always will be after seeing a performer do this in a Beijing acrobatics show with my sister). I almost pee'd myself when the tightrope walkers climbed onto one another's shoulders and then lept off and landed back on the tightrope. I literally flapped my arms in excitement and nervousness when the tumbling team (who had a seesaw contraption to flip one another) launched a guy wearing 6' stilts and he flipped at least three times before landing upright.

Try to top that, Weekend. (Actually, yeah, please do try to top that, Weekend. I don't think the YouTube marathon of two weekends ago counts as anything remotely close to awesome.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...