A Jeep-Shaped Catapult

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pants: Zara...Blouse: H&M, thrifted...Cardigan: Target...Shoes: Nine West Outlet...Scarf: Target...Bag: D&B via Buffalo Exchange...Bracelet: Target...Earrings: Banana Republic



Whoops. I guess I wasn't done with the whole animal print thing.

I had a crazy/ scary drive yesterday. I went north of town by about 50 minutes to pick up a chair we had repaired. My Guy took our Honda Fit for the day so he could pick up his bike from a tune-up. So, the Wrangler and I had a play day. Until I got on the freeway, hit 54 mph, and the car started to shimmy like mad. As in shake the steering column so hard, my arms feel weirdly toned from trying to maintain a death grip. As in crazy, uncontrollable bouncing that felt like I was going to get launched off the roadway by an enormous spring at ant moment. Usually we get up to about 57 and the shimmy quits. Nooooot this time. By the time I reached 3 people honking/ flipping me the bird for hovering around 49 mph, I gave up on the 50 minute drive. And took surface streets. Absurd.

Once my Guy is done with his last round of exams on Wednesday, we'll take the poor Jeep into the tire shop... and keep our fingers crossed that we only have to replace two to correct whatever balance this was. Two tires = $ Well, dang. Four tires = $ Ouchie. But, as always, there's a silver lining. In this case, it's that I didn't launch off the roadway. And got to use the incident as an excuse to check in, chat with my dad and get advice about the car. Perks, all around!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...