Raunchy

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Skirt: H&M...Tee: Gap...Jacket: Armani Exchange via Buffalo Exchange...Shoes: Naturalizer...Belt: Gap...Necklaces: J Crew...Bag: D&B via Buffalo Exchange



Okay, so I'm finally feeling disconnected from the Gala to share some amazing stories from last week:

Wednesday came and went and our catalog deadline was a big darn joke. As Boss Lady and I hacked our way through the list of descriptions to edit (she was mostly distracted all week and we pushed past the deadline laughing), we started noticing our verbiage got more and more inappropriate and raunchy. Who talks about a restaurant in terms of a secret rendezvous? We did. At 9pm on Tuesday. Who uses icky and demanding phrase of "Your John Hancock, please." in regards to $900 pen? We did. At 8:15 on Wednesday. So far removed from elegant and enticing. We won't even talk about the phallic references to the bullet casing necklace.

I would be remiss if I didn't say I really am glad for the exhausting experience of last week. For the first time in three years, Boss Lady placed a lot of trust in my writing abilities and pricing judgements to get the auction stuff done. Which is a big darn deal because she is a control freak. Whip smart, but a control freak. I maintained a positive, productive, cheerful, and relatively happy demeanor all darn week long, no small feat considering how close we cut so many deadlines. Boss Lady was crabby and tired, but we kicked serious arse as a team. Which I'm glad for. She's been known to hold it against people who "leave" and "wrong" her (aka taking a career advancing job), but I think my commitment and dedication to creative and decisive work in the last month won her over.

Thank goodness.

I do, however, think I'll have to do a better job of keeping auction items G to PG for my new job... they are in the business of arts education, after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...