Family Visit

Wednesday, January 2, 2013




Happy New Year! I can't tell you guys all the goodies yet, but 2013 is going to be a really, really good one!

So, these crazies were here for a nice long weekend. And I'm so grateful for all the family time we were able to pack in. We had a fire in the chiminea and said goodbye to the hideously neon orange tee that was My Guy's first swiped article of clothing from my family (big darn deal to have a gifted hand-me-down shirt from my dad when we were dating in high school) and my family got to know our neighbors and their pups. We went to the Menil Collection and my mom got to ogle the amazing collection of artifacts and art. We ate Lucky Burger (our favorite local burger place where the blue cheese burger is heaven on earth and you can order a side of fried rice and the owner knows us on the phone by voice and asks if we want to do a take-out order of "the usual") and Thai Pepper (where the green curry is magically spicy with a deep, slow heat that makes you sniffle like mad). There was a round of tennis ball golf (played on campus with a cooler of beer in tow). My dad was king of the beautiful sailing shot, perfectly in line with the target, only to be gobbled up by a column, a tree, an archway. I kind of couldn't believe how horrible his luck was in beaming light posts and tree limbs. We even hit up Valhalla, the on-campus grad bar that serves $.95 beers, a weekly tradition for us that I'm so glad my dad got to experience with us. My brother and I got lots of snuggling time in, we snacked our way through the weekend, my dad got to experience lots more of our lives here (mom and brother were here a few summers ago). I'm so happy we spent so much and such good connecting time together.

And, to you all- I haven't been active in the blogging community for the last week or so, but I've been reading all of your goodies and have been really enjoying and have been very inspired by the loving family posts, the joyful celebration posts, the insightful resolution posts, the cheerful and hopeful greeting of the New Year. I treasure this community, I so enjoy and appreciate the friendships I've formed with some of you and look forward to what the next year has in store!

XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...