Preppy in Stretch Pants

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Oh my, hair coiffed, makeup fully finished and real photos. It's almost like I was up on time today. (It is evening shower hair, though.)

So, today is funny. I am going to schlep tons around my boss' house again, but this evening is fashion something-or-another and a good friend of mine asked me to go with her. Fashion isn't really her thing, but nails DEFINITELY are and she's super stoked about Chanel launching new shades at the department store events. Check out some of her past reviews at Castinails.

How does one handle the demands of craptacular day work and looking decent enough to hang with the Houston Fashionistas? With black on black stretchy clothing, of course. And leopard flats. Because that's jazzy enough, right?

Blouse: oooold Gap, via Buffalo Exchange...Vest: thrifted...Pants: Gap Really Skinnies...Shoes: Nine Wst Outlet



My Guy said, "Hey, you should smile like a cheese ball." So I did.

Necklaces: J Crew Outlet and Target... Belt: Gap
 BTW, I'm finally backtracking and getting into EVERYONE's blogs from the 21DC. Oh. My. Gosh. You girlies are such a motivator. I'm getting inspiration and fantastic ideas, new color combos, twists on my normal accessories layering, different silhouette ideas, interesting new ways to wear some stubborn items in my closet. THANK YOU THANK YOU to Kayla for hosting such a positive and community building challenge. I had a uniform of sorts before and everyone else involved looked so good every day, I knew I needed to step up my game.

BTW, I'm dying for more responses from my question last post- what are some of your prized possessions and favorite things? 'Till next time, lovelies!

3 comments:

  1. I think you hit just the right balance between comfort and style. The leopard print shoes make it AWESOME.

    Isn't it great to have so much inspiration? Although, I did NOT need more blogs to read. Guess I'll just have to get rid of the ones that aren't as amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK you seriously have the legs for a miniskirt and you could totally wear the red skirt in my post today. I always provide the links to the items I am wearing in the caption of the photo, here's the link to that skirt: http://www.forever21.com/heritage1981/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=81bottoms&product_id=2000018498&Page=all#

    I would say my most prized possessions are my handbags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely adorable!!! Such a cute outfit - love the leopard flats with this otherwise conservative look! Following you now :)

    -Sarah
    http://www.pencilskirtsandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...