Week of Lip Gunk, Day One

Monday, April 2, 2012

Full disclosure, I edited the crap outta my undereye bags, I spent a very very tearful evening finishing season 3 of Lost last night (and if you've seen it, you know I wasn't overreacting). I'm not at all ashamed of being a cry-er in the worst way, heck- I'll cry in front of the entirety of Rice University's student population while standing on a podium with a spotlight shining on me, but I'm definitely embarrassed by how very puffy my eyeballs get for days afterward.

So, welcome to Day One of my Week of Lip Gunk. Today I chose Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 025 Peach Parfait. Here's why I don't wear it: I like the pinkish peach tone, but the shimmer in the formula is super deceptive. I was expecting a little hint of light reflection and ended up with frosty gold and silver-based shimmer. I purchased a colored lip butter. I ended up with something a little too 90's for my taste. But, I'm stuck with it for the day, so I'll smile like I enjoy it.

There's another goodie going on here. Kayley from Sidewalk Ready posted this amazing hair tutorial a few days ago, so I had to give it a shot. I did it over last weekend for Jersey Girl's birthday (I was working with Day 2 and a 5 hour car ride hair...) and thought I should try it again during the week. If you have any hair at all to work with, I suggest you give it a shot. It feels instantly glamorous with preeeetty minimal effort. 




Pants: Zara...Blouse: Target...Cardigan: Target...Shoes: Naturalizer...Jewelry: Target and thrifted






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...