Dog on Loan

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Jeans: UO...Blouse: H&M thrifted...cardigan: Gap...Belt: Target...Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction via Piperlime...Shades: Coach via TJ Maxx



No, it's not cooler here in Houston, I'm not wearing a sweater because I need it outside. It's still dreary and a little rainy and the combination of humidity in the air and relentless AC is literally freezing me. I have numb fingers some afternoons. It's getting ridiculous. I just can't understand the need to cool a space down to 72 degrees. Wasteful, unnatural, and overly cold!

I had a funny afternoon yesterday. I loaded myself into my car a little after lunchtime to go take a photo of the damage to the car Boss Lady loaned to a friend (poor guy got hit while he was on his way to pick up his new car). Oh, my gosh, it's bad, the "knuckle" in the suspension is totally severed, if that means anything to you. Anyway, that's not the funny part of the afternoon. I was walking out to my car in the side drive at her house and trotting up the driveway was this absolutely adorable Cavalier King Charles. He had this wonderfully portly physique, black shaggy tips on his ears, a perfect little underbite. He was the goofiest looking dog I've seen in a while, but he was incredibly sweet. I walked out toward the sidewalk, but there was no one walking nearby. So, I found and dialed the number on his collar (his name is Rudy, by the way) and it rang and rang and rang and rang. I called the neighborhood patrol, who didn't have the phone number on file, but told me to secure him for a while, wrote down his particulars in case the owner called, took my name and number and then we waited.

Guys, I had a dog for the afternoon at work. And it was awesome.

Eventually, his owner did call the patrol and got our address to come pick him up, but I've never before had such an amazing time at work. Ah, dogs are good for the soul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...