Heading Home

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tee: UO...Skirt: DVF, thrifted...Shoes: Target...Belt: Gap...Clutch: gift from Katie




So, there's something I haven't told you all yet. I am leaving tomorrow evening to go home to Ohio for a long weekend trip centered around a party celebrating my grandparents' 80th birthdays! My mom flew last Saturday out to meet up and drive with my sister from Phoenix and they're driving to New Mexico to pick up my little brother who has been visiting with my aunt and uncle. They'll arrive Thursday afternoon. My sister in Hong Kong arrives Thursday early evening. I get in later evening. My uncle living in Hawaii is getting in Friday morning (aunt and cousin, who is a beautiful college freshman aren't able to come), my aunt and uncle in New Mexico get in sometime Friday and my aunt and uncle living near Buffalo will drive over in time for the Saturday party.

Neeeeedless to say, I'm a little more than excited about getting home to see my family. I see a lot of your summer blog posts about weekend road trip visits, family BBQ's, visits with siblings and nieces and nephews. My closest relative is New Mexico, a 14 hour car trip away.

I'll do my best to post while I'm away, but as much as I adore this community, I'll probably be too busy shuffling around my parent's house and drinking coffee with my sisters. And probably watching in awe as cookies and cakes are expertly crafted. I can't keep a cake from deflating to save my life.

Linking up! The Pleated Poppy's What I Wore Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...