An Uneasy Truce

Tuesday, July 3, 2012


Jeans: UO...Blouse: Gap...Belt: Target...Shoes: Nine West via Buffalo Exchange...Scarf: Liberty of London via Buffalo Exchange




I got a mosquito bite in my armpit. It is literally the worst.

On a more cheerful note, we've been marveling at how well our critters have been co-existing lately. Miles lives up to a lot of the beagle stereotypes- nosy, loud, needy, snuggly, curious, playful, garbage eater, grinning goon. And Eddie, for the most part, is not a normal cat. She seeks out affection, will practically beg you to play in the evenings, likes to sit on any lap she can find, shares my pillow at night. Which I like. I'm not really a cat person. So a need-machine dog-like cat is right up my alley. But, she's little. As in she was the runt of the litter and is still a whopping and very fluffy 6 pounds little. Miles used to jump up to a table top, grab her fluff and yank. Poor little girl would sit on whatever high surface she could find and do her best to stay completely out of sight for the first 4 years.

And then something happened... I think she finally bit him or used her back claws to scratch him. Anyway, these last few months, I've caught them sitting side by side on our bed in the evenings or hanging out on the sofa together. I don't think Eddie trusts Miles enough to try to snuggle with him yet, but I have high hopes. At least she doesn't take off like a shot when he trots into the room anymore.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...