Statement

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Jeans: UO...Tee: Gap...Shoes: Steve Madden...Necklaces: thrifted...Pearls: Beijing vendor...Bag: D&B via Buffalo Exchange




Ooh, turquoise necklace against mint... that could be fun but it's too long on its own. Maybe green-ish olive and mint... ugh, the proportions with the neckline are total crap. What. If. I. Wore. Both?! The 17 1/2 seconds of standing in front of my closet to figure out which statement necklace to wear for today's Trend of the Month Challenge were absolutely riveting. (Snark aside, I really do like how they look together. I don't like how heavy and hot 'n sweaty they are, though.)

Aaaand, since it's link-up day and, hopefully, a whole bunch of creative people are reading today, here's a little question: My photographer neighbor and I are ready to start planning, in detail, a faux wedding and DIY reception to build her portfolio. We plan to shoot it in the courtyard of our apartment building and I'll wear my J Crew dress... the rest is still up for grabs (Although we did toss around a few ideas about tone on neutral on tone with texture, maybe burlap, and a hit of yellow). If you could style a DIY reception, what color scheme, decor, details, etc. would you feature? BTW, we're steering clear of mason jars and cake pops. Too trendy.

I'm linked with Marionberry Style's Trend of the Month, Rolled Up Pretty's Whatever Whenever Wednesday and Pleated Poppy's What I Wore Wednesday. How 'bout you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...