W-w-w-w-w-Wipeout!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Pants: Zara...Tee: thrifted...Scarf: Target...Shoes: Jill Sanders via Buffalo Exchange




Dudes, I'm stuck in pants for a while... because I had a wild Sunday.  Let's recap, shall we?

My guy went out with friends after I came home early-ish on Saturday from Friend BBQ and Pool Day (which was wonderfully chill and filled with Bromance's grill-tastic offerings) and so I had a hard time falling asleep. Hazard of marriage, I guess, I just want to know he's safe. Anyway, we still powered through waking up early yesterday to follow through with our Sunday tradition of spending time at the Houston Zoo. Like I've chattered about before, it's kind of the best part of the week- we bike ride over, do a very small amount of wandering, pick an animal, hunker down and watch. Today's highlights included the baby elephant scratching his little foot on the cable fence, a racked out grizzly bear in a puddle, discovering the male lion was 5 feet from the window in the tunnel viewing area (and we think we saw him catch a whiff of his musky/ sweaty self and sheepishly avert his eyes), an Andean bear scratching herself in the most unladylike way, a lady lion running up and down the enclosure with a keeper who had a dog toy on a stick outside of the exhibit. and a Tiger swimming. Yup, I saw a tiger swim. Came to find out from a keeper that he recently had pretty groundbreaking surgery where they take out fatty tissue from his joints, spin it to get stem cells and re-inject them back in for better joint mobility and swimming feels nice during his recuperation. Pretty cool, huh?

That's exciting, but not the wild part. The crux here is that we biked home and, for whatever idiotic reason, I wiped out on my bike at the base of the ramp up and over a bridge because I chose to try to take the hairpin turn on the bike rather than walk it up and over like I normally do. Spun in the gravel and just went down. (I will not show you my bloody knee photo, but I did put it on Instagram... You're welcome to check it out if you want.)

Do you know how strange and surreal it is to really truly fall down? The fall doesn't go in slow motion, you just have this horizontal realization that you're no longer upright. Nope, your hand is skinned, you knee is bloody, your other shin was bashed with your bike and there's a bump... And you're just kind of shocked and on the ground.

So, we spent the rest of the day collecting a series of high points. We got a Freebirds burrito for dinner (and discovered not only that I had actually registered my rewards card with my phone number and could use it without the card present, but also that I had enough points for a free one), watched John Wayne's "The Searchers" (my Guy's dad is an enormous John Wayne fan), napped on the couch with ice on my bumped leg and rumbles of thunder to serenade me, my Guy went off to study for his comprehensive exams and I stayed in and watched "3 Idiots." If you haven't heard about it and have any interest at all in RomCom/ Buddy flicks/ Musicals/ Bollywood and have 2 1/2 hours to spare, watch it.

Whew, that was a pretty big story-telling dump. Sorry, guys. See you tomorrow. In pants.

Eddie didn't flinch when Miles jumped up to join her on the couch! They miiiight be close to getting along.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...