New

Monday, November 5, 2012

Jeans: Gap Always Skinny...Button down: J Crew Outlet...Cardigan: Target....Shoes: Nine West Outlet...Bag: D&B via Buffalo Exchange...Earrings: vintage...Shades: via TJ Maxx




A big, hearty welcome to my first full week of my new job. And, yes, I know I have some 'splainin' to do.

I am now the Grants and Special Projects Manager for Young Audiences of Houston. If it has anything to do with getting the arts into education, they've got their hands in it. Want to make partnerships between schools, hospitals, community centers and the major performance groups and individual artists? Got that covered, too. It's a really cool funnel-type organization that channels arts-based opportunities for personal growth and learning for kids and their educators, which is a really cool thing. And I'm going to help with the funding side of the operation. Which is a little new and terrifying to me, but I can't wait to be a part of it all! (Especially since, in order to write grants well and geared to the right projects and foundations, I'll need to have a solid understanding of kids' needs and the programs we offer... which means I get to hang out in a few classrooms to wrap my head around it!)

Happy new week, you all! It's going to be a good one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...