Monday? Noooooo!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Clearly my face was screaming this sentiment even if I felt relatively alert this morning. My golly, the puffy bags under my eyes, the drooping facial expression. I don't think I've looked this tragic in a good long while. For that, I'm reeeeally sorry you all have been subjected to gazing into my crypt-keeper style gaze. At least the outfit is relatively cute.

Skirt: China-made...Blouse: Banana Republic, thrifted...Cardigan: Target...Belt: thrifted...Shoes: Steve Madden... Earrings: Boutique in Tucson




I had a nice weekend, despite my Guy being away at ANOTHER convention. It was my first free weekend since all the hoopla and I spent Saturday with a girlfriend who usually works on Saturdays, but she traded days off weeks ago and finally got caught up and got two days off in a row- unheard of for her schedule! I was so glad to spend the day with her. Thrifting, eating greasy Chinese food, laughing, story telling and getting caught up. I also cranked out ALL of the rest of the laundry (did you notice my to-be-ironed pile on the back of the chair?) during the evening. Sunday evening was spent with the dog- we went down to the Outdoor Theater and watched the premier of a film about the inception of the Art Car movement. Look up Art Cars. You'll be glad you did.

My Saturday thrifting adventures also led to this gem. My mom had this coat in slate blue back in the early 80's- I'm going to wear the crap out of it during the trip home this winter.


And to stay on track: 30 Days Hath November- Day 14: A Favorite Movie. No shame here- I adore Pixar. They're wildly smart, handle sensitive social topics in a kid-friendly, adult-inspiring way. I saw Toy Story 3 in theaters. Twice. I bought the DVD the day it came out. Unheard of in our family (We stalk sales). The scene when Mr. Potato Head flapped around with a tortilla body literally made me laugh so hard I cried. I sobbed like a goon both when the Toys accepted their fate at the dump and just held one another. I laughed through more tears at the end scene when Andy lovingly gave his toys new life. It's the perfect wrap up to an incredibly smart series with memorable, iconic characters. I love how complex each of these movies are, but the third is a favorite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...