Oh the places I will go...

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

In honor of today's 30 Days Hath November, I'm wearing this little number. You'll get it in a minute.

Skirt: thrifted...Blouse: gift from Thailand...Belt: thrifted... Jacket: Gap...Shoes: BCBGeneration via Ross



Day 22: Someplace I've travelled.
My sis has been living in Beijing for years after graduating college. She won a Fulbright to study at Tsinghua, took intensive language classes, fell a little in love with the adventurous lifestyle and stayed. All my other family members visited within her first two years there and, since my guy is NEVER leaving school (kidding) we didn't have any monies saved away for much more than the deposit for our next move across the country. My dad had been squirreling away airline miles and surprised me with a trip this past summer. I spent two weeks with her/ mostly by myself in the city since she was working such long hours. My Mandarin was rusty, but I knew enough to get places and pay for things. I also got good at asking what a vegetable or fruit was, but never understood the 12 sentence replies. Word to the wise: don't ever ask an open ended question with confidence in a foreign language and expect to maintain the conversation. Hoo-larious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...