The ghost of clothing past

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

You all are the best! I started looking through my options for packing and I think I can piece together a fairly sensible cold weather week-long wardrobe. I racked my brain trying to remember what on earth I wore to stay warm while I hiked across campus in "Blowing Green, OH" during college. As it turns out, I wore soley oversized thrifted sweaters from the men's department layered over thermal long-sleeved tees with thick jeans, Merrels and a scarf wrapped over my head like a little grandma. (Nothing against grandma's who wear head scarves, my version was far less classy.) You know, the kind of garb that would make my husband look back and muse "Well, it's a good thing you had a nice personality."

Moral of the story: I feel better equipped to pack warm things that still look good and you all are to "blame." And I thank you.

On with the Cold Clammy Houston look of the day. I looked back through these and realized I had forgotten to use mascara. Lucky save, blog. Corrected it before I left the house. Also, the proportions are no bueno. Good eye, blog. I will start making mental notes.

Skirt: thrifted... Button-down: Target...Sweater: Gap...tights: Target...Shoes: Steve Madden via Ross...Belt: Banana Republic



A little taste of terrible dressing past? Eh, why not.


Those mittens are magical.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...