Tornado warnings

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wow. This day is bananas. I'm not joking. It was dreary this morning early, but the sky kept getting darker and more green-ish tinged as we were getting dressed and ready. In the car on my way to work, I marvelled at how little rain there was, how much lightning was around in all directions, and how honest-to-goodness green the sky had become. NPR went ahead and told me the obvious: Tornado warnings. Awesome, glad I'm in the middle of the freeway right now while that bolt of lightning shot down and hovered in the sky for at least 2 full seconds and a vortex may peel out of the sky and suck me away.

I will preface all of this by stating very clearly that I really love extreme weather. I think it's exciting, I like how it makes me feel so small and insignificant, yet vast and connected to nature. Tucson monsoon storms were a thrill. Even the thought of a little hurricane weather got me excited about Houston. But, the lightning and really green sky made me nervous.

Anyway, on to the lighter-hearted aspect of this post- clothing.

Pants: Gap (old)... Blouse: Banana Republic via Buffalo Exchange...Cardigan: Target (really old)...Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction via Piperlime...Necklace: Target



OPI Pepe's Purple Passion under Essie Shine of the Times

Leaving home

I didn't edit this photo. The sky was really thaaaat green when I got to work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...