Return of the ROUS

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I had another opossum run-in. We were on our way to a friend's house to celebrate Boogaloo's birthday and my guy and I threw a few things away in the dumpster area before we left our place. Long story short, I hopped out of the car to pitch our little bag and my Guy hollered "KATE! OPOSSUM!" No direction, like 'Kate, opossum at 10 o'clock.' No indication that I was out of harm's way, so I panicked and jumped about 35 feet away in a single leap, only to find out that he was a solid 10 feet away from me on the ground, around the corner. I started giggling like a lunatic and discovered that a neighbor was just around the corner painting a table under the carport, calmly watching both my hysteria and the opossum. It was almost like he and the critter were hanging out.

Weird and gross.

These meetings have got to stop- it's freaking me out (And as evidenced by my weekend trip away, nature doesn't generally gross me out- the surprise factor is what's killing me).


Pants: Zara...Tee: J Crew Outlet...Cardigan...Target...Scarf: Gap Men...Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction via Piperlime



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...