OTI: Kayla's Pick

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Skirt: thrifted...Tee: UO...Shoes: J Jill via Buffalo Exchange...Belt: Target...Scarf: via TJ Maxx





Kayla is the queen of Rock and Roll glam hints, like a vest, moto jackets, a graphic tee here and there... I tried several vest options for today's OTI, but they just aren't my thing. And I'm okay with that. I tried the recent looped and belted scarf trend. And this scarf is too long or too short, depending on how I loop it. So, I went with status quo scarf styling, and it feels most "me." And then it dawned on me: That's what OTI is all about. Take an inspiration, pull a little nugget out of it, don't copy, just make it your own. So while this looks nothing like the fabulous inspiration photo, it jump-started a look I'm very pleased with. Casual, graphic print tee's and vests aren't sensible for my work week, but a dressed up tee, skirt and the mix of cheerful color and a summertime vibe are exactly what I was looking for. (My shirt is a pale mint... can you tell? Neither can I.) BTW, check out Erica and Grace and the link ups to all the other gals playing along. W.I.N.N.E.R.S.

I'm also gonna say it... the mint bug took about 3 months to bite, but it got me good. I cracked up when I read this post... Um, guilty as well. I may or may not debut the mint crops I found sometime next week.

Additionally, all Link Ups seem to be on Wednesday, so here are a few more: Pleated Poppy's What I Wore Wednesday, A Little Bit of Lacquer's Work It Wednesday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...