Faux Animal Print

Friday, August 3, 2012

Dress: Target...Cardigan: Banana Republic, thrifted...Shoes: Target...Shades: via TJ Maxx



I don't often really "do" animal prints. My leopard shoes are a staple, there's several snakeskin pumps in my shoe collection, my amazing DVF zebra skirt keeps popping up every once in a while. But I never acquired a leopard blouse, dress, skirt, major clothing item. This dress with brushstroke style "animal spots" is the closest I'm likely to get. Which is totally fine by me because this taupe and black print is weirdly versatile and pattern mixing would be so much fun to coordinate with (with which to coordinate... anyone else type out grammar that's clearly incorrect but go with it anyway because they don't want to appear stuffy?) even though some of the fabulously interesting pattern mixing options were things I'd never actually wear out of the house.

Well, you all, I'm going to be sure to fully enjoy the weekend- we have a friend day lined up for tomorrow, BBQ, pool, sunshine, lemonade, picnic foods. It's going to be a nice welcome back from the devastation of family time being over, which is good.

Hope you're up to something wonderful, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...