Loosey Goosey

Wednesday, August 15, 2012




Sometimes you just have to wear a tent. It's been about 2 weeks since the REALLY hot, humid and uncomfortable version of Houston summer arrived and all I want to do is spend my days in a hammock with a cool glass of iced tea (hey, mom- I made a rockstar green tea, jasmine and chrysanthemum iced tea out of some of the goodies I brought home last summer... and I spelled chrysanthEmum in my head the way Anne Shirley does when she first bests Gilbert in school). And I suppose that's where this wildly unflattering shirt comes in. Let's be honest, I'm wearing a muumuu and it's awesome. It's touched my torso once since I walked out of the house, it is nice and long and doesn't show my butt in these pants... So, if I can't spend my days lounging idly, I might as well spend them in shirts that don't feel like they're on my body. My guy and I have a loose protocol at home of removing most clothing to lounge around in the evening (our apartment isn't exactly what I would call well insulated... the window AC units do relatively little unless they're blasting) so running around in this shirt is likely to trigger a Pavlovian relaxation response.

TMI? Whatever, you'll live.

Per usual- I'm linking up with Pleated Poppy's What I Wore Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...